Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hong Kong 2008...

After reaching Hanoi for 2 days... one day pretending to be sick (eheh...) and one day pretending to work (ahah...), off we go to Hong Kong.... :) I'm not so rich that I'm travelling around Asia... it's just my company trip... :P
a
A really quick trip i felt.... 4 days 3 nights... but in fact, we only had a full 2.5 days to tour around. Thanks to Ben, my KTMB and Sapura gang member back in EY, who was able to bring us around a little to HK island... and to The Peak on the first night.
a
Shopping at Esprit was heavenly... much much cheaper than Msia or Hanoi. We went to the outlet on the first night and grabbed a whole load of clothes. On the second day, 5 of us were at the Esprit salon and goshhh.... a bomb landed on our pockets. Additional 10% when we spend above HKD1,200 and another additional 10% as it was my birthday month! All on top of the discounted cheaper prices! How good is that! All in all i think its 50-60% cheaper compared to Msia.... felt so good... ahhaha...
a
Disneyland on the third day... M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!! ... the live show of High School Musical and the parade was remarkable. The whole place was amazingly disney? ahha.
a
What was good about this trip? I guess it was the shopping...
a
Hong Kong... another fast paced city with many going after branded clothings, bags and accesories. You'll have to queue up to get into the LV shop! And after a season, there are those who sell their recently purchased bags for the new fashioned ones. And thus, there are outlets selling second hand branded goods. Makes me thing if they are after the right satisfactions. Will all these branded purchases really give you joy and happiness? I do agree retail therapy satisfy me in a way... feels good to be able to spend and buy pretty looking things, especially after a stressful working period. :) But however, I have to keep in mind that there are other more important things in life. Things that could give me REAL happiness. Will I be happy given a chance to work in HK? I'm thinking probably not...

2 comments:

cyberchic said...

so nice that u get to travel! =)

Gloria Chiam Nguyen said...

you will be travelling soon too! :)