Monday, May 12, 2008

Earthquake day....

We had a good lunch meal squating by the road side today, literally sitting on a one foot tall stool holding a bowl of mee. Like the old times during primary school when we sit by the drain eating 20 cents nasi lemak. Just that now we are all dressed up professionally with shirt, slacks, and ties... ahah... the bowl of mien chok taste good alright... not as good as penang hokkien mee but sufficient in hanoi... :)
a
After which we went for a good cup of 'ca phe sua', vietnamese milk coffee with ice... man it's very 'kau' but taste good! :P
a
Went back to office to continue looking at excel files with many many numbers... after an hour, while trying to listen to a client on the phone, my vision suddenly blurred, my head spinning... numbers were moving... goodness me... did i have too much coffee just now or am i looking at too much numbers???? my colleagues started to make alot of noise... well most of the time i can't fully understand what they are speaking in vietnamese. i wanted to shout 'shutup!!! i'm talking on the phone here!!!' until chi tan, my manager came to me and said 'chiem oi, earthquake earthquake!' my eyes opened wide... 'mr. vinh, i'll call you back later' *slams phone*
a
well, my first earthquake vibration in vietnam....
a
Dear valuable tenants,
We have had an experience of small earthquake vibration at 13.28hr today 12 May, 2008. The center of this earthquake was in China and Vietnam has been affected as informed by local authority- The Institute of global geographic. According to them, this earthquake is now still under monitoring and we- Vietnam may receive some small vibrations this afternoon.
a
oh oh... the silk dresses in vietnam are pretty..... today, i bought a pretty silk dress that cost me USD25... when my eyes laid upon it, i knew i had to buy it... :P gosh... i didn't want to buy anything today except for the coffee beans for uncle ian... but mannnnn... it's so tempting that me and pei see ended up buying 2 dresses each...
a
gurls, you have to buy some dresses when u come here! i'll bring you.... :)

No comments: