Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Xe om...

Mike has rented a bike and he's been giving me a ride to office on it... got a few heart attacks on the road... ahah... poeple honning everywhere, may be annoying in the beginning. it's really a different kind of traffic jam here. how am i ever going to ride here? i really wonder...

it takes us about 15 minutes to get to office. I wear a wind breaker on top of my working suit, boots, put a clip on my hair, and gets on the bike, without a helmet. By the time we reach the office, my hair gets messy. It's getting cold now and with the wind when riding on bike... i think i need to get some extra jackets soon nearing month end.

It cost VND3,000 (1USD = 16,100 VND) to park a bike in the office building. The parking basement of the office building has no cars. Just bikes. Well, I have not seen any cars but I guess there is. And oh! Highland Coffee is opened at the ground floor of the building! yey!

I came back home tonight with a xe om (motorbike taxi) today. It costs VND25,000. Enjoying the rides without helmets now before it's compulsory to wear one in Decemeber. It's really cooling and erm.. exciting!
oh oh... me and Mike went to the night market last Sunday.. and gosh... its even better than SS2's pasar malam. Clothes are very cheappp.. I bought a cotton jacket for VND45,000 (about RM10!).

No comments: