Monday, November 12, 2007

Week 2 in foreign land...

Well... week 1 was fast... We've signed the rental contract today and paid a month's deposit... So i'm really broke now... ahah. Thank God we're allowed some cash advances from the company to cover 3 months advance rental. We'll be moving in this weekend... :) The landlord is a nice local couple, friendly and honest people. We got to choose some of our furnitures... Can't wait to move in. Will post some pics when we're settled in.
a
Church made me feel more at home yesterday... I managed to find the place myself as one of my boss who told me about it was back in Msia. A group of say 200+ expats gather in Bao Son Hotel's ballroom every Sunday morning to worship and fellowship. And they are an established group of people. Check it out http://www.hifvn.org/app/ Friendly Tram (pronounced as 'Cham') invited me to join she and her family for lunch at Pho 24 (popular restaurant chain http://www.pho24.com.vn/ ).
a
Week 2 in Hanoi also means job 2. I have yet to finish my previous job and today i'm off, bringing 3 juniors to another new client. (For those auditors who understands this part..) guess what? First 3 weeks of my job schedule... one job a week, with all first year clients! you gotta be kidding me... new to the methodology, new to the language, new to the place, new to the work style... i just wan to say.. omigawd... i feel tired thinking about it... but yea it still has to be done.
a
My experience today... with 3 juniors, we went to Thang Long Industrial Zone to audit this new client of ours. Another thing that amazes me... none of my them has accounting background... :) one has a degree in business admin, another in economics, and wahlah.. one in chemistry! ahah. really amazing how this chemistry guy can end up in an audit firm. They don't speak very fluent english. Therefore, they don't really feel comfortable asking me questions. They often talk among themselves discussing audit works that they don't understand I presume. All I hear is...*#&$(*&$*@ trade receivables... (&*(& debit... *&()(0 system.. *&()* fixed assets...*&8&& depreciation..^&*((()) etc.. eheheh.

2 comments:

molly said...

dun end up cleaning their s*** can ad

Anonymous said...

easier watching zeon zeeuw rain shoulders cypruscyprus meningitis slide folk impose
lolikneri havaqatsu