Thursday, November 8, 2007

Weekend is coming soon...

Work's really taking my energy... It's tough adapting to changes... New documents, new people, new language, new culture, new methodology.
a
Had training for half a day at a club today. They have their trainings at clubs and hotels, except their conference rooms... Too much money? And the partner was pissed off as half the people turned up late. ahah.
a
My first Taiwanese client... it's 1 hour away from the office... I thank God that they arranged a Msian fren, Eric to go in with me on my first job. Yea they have a translator ... but this time not for me! ahaha... I speak mandarin... but man... I still cant understand half of their mandarin... so deep... They have a translator that follows my junior around to translate Viet-Eng and vice versa. Sometimes, I just stand to watch them communicate and be amazed... Sometimes my client's tone gets louder and louder cos he just cant seem to get the msg across and vice versa. I think i need to learn more business terms in mandarin...
a
There will be many times that I'll be sitting in a room where people speak a language that I cannot understand. A few days of this has not yet annoyed me. Maybe i'll give me peace as I wouldnt have to listen to what these ppl are saying. Maybe it'll disturb me as I wont know if they are talking about me? Well, we'll see how it goes....
a
Weather is good here now... air-con temperature... real nice and cooling... i love it.
a
In this small shop on the road nx to my office, I bought a pair of nice boots tat cost me RM35 and two ZARA knitwears for RM70. Two weeks ago in KL, I bought the same sweater in black for RM99. Dem… what was I thinking. It’s all made in Cambodia.

1 comment:

molly said...

wau i think this is great man. things there are so cheap. good la u cannot understand their language. if kena tax audit n go jail u tell them u dun understand their language. miscommunication ahahaa