Saturday, December 1, 2007

West Lake


It's been getting colder each day... I'm thinking I need a second blanket at night. I went to West Lake to get some sun this morning. It's about 5 min bike ride from the house, costing me VND10,000. A coffee, breakfast and a book at Highlands Coffee on the ship... relaxing morning :P There're a couple of ship-like restaurants by the West Lake... kinda cool. At night... the lakes are full of couples...
a
Girls, it costs only about RM20 (USD6) to get your manicure + padicure done! Cheap eh? I got them done today. With additional flowers drawn, I paid VND120,000 (appr. RM25).
a
Went on to get some gloves, socks and scarfs at the old quarters. It's difficult sleeping without socks. This is my first winter! It's difficult trying to bargain in a languange I'm unfamiliar with.
a
glo: Bau nhieu? (how much?)
lady selling: mot cham sao
glo thinks: (mot = one, cham=hundred, sao... wait hold on, mot hai ba bon nam sao, okok sao = six) this takes like maybe 20 secs
I need to to practice Vietnamese!

1 comment:

molly said...

counting 1 - 10 quite similar to cambodia.
1 - mui
2 - pi
3 - bai
4- bon
5 - pram
6 - pram mui
7- pram pi
8- pram bai
9 - pram bon
10 - dob