Friday, December 14, 2007

First province visit...

Well, there are many manufacturing companies in the provinces in Vietnam... as labour is cheap... Wages are as low as USD50 a month. I wonder how they survive sometimes, but looking back, many of use survived with averagely RM300-400 in our college years and I wonder how we could back then.
a
Anyway, I had this job in Hai Doung (pronounce as Hai Zerng) province... When talking about provinces, I always had it mind it's a country side place, with nothing much to do... its just gonna be work and back to hotel and work and back to hotel. Well, it's half true.
a
It is just work - hotel - work - hotel. In 4 days, I did not go over appr 100m radius from my client's factory. The hotel cum resort is just 100m away. Every breakfast, lunch, and dinner we had them in the hotel as it is far to goto the city or town. The resort was nice but it looked like we were the only customers they had... ahah.. I guess when you go to a place with a group of people, its the time you spend together that will bring meaning to you.
A
On the first day, the client kindly brought us out to have some 'fresh chicken' for lunch. They had this soup and something in it... which I thought was maybe one of the parts in the chicken... but as I eat... it looks like some brains... and I think it is!! I asked one of my staff.. she replied... 'I think you better not know...' hahaha... thus I have no idea what I've eaten.
A
I had a lot of fun 'ce bang' (Vietnamese word... not gonna disclose wat it means here... haha) and playing cards and 'hong hut' with my team. On the last night, it was beyond my expectation that there was a famous Vietnamese singer coming to the resort.. I went like... why would he come to such a 'desert' place. It was my first concert in Vietnam!! ahah.. and it's nothing like any concerts I've been too.. ahha... Ppl sit on small stools and with small tables, eating sunflower seeds. And at the end, we found out the singer was gonna stay in the resort!! ahha. I even got a personal picture taken with him!! ahahha. I've never heard him before this!!! Well, he's famous as I know... thats' all... ahhaha
a
The Team - Tuan, myself, Hong, Nyat - hot pot for dinner!

Famous Vietnamese singer - Tran Tam

Cheers! Our last meal at Hai Duong... We'll be back!

No comments: