Saturday, December 15, 2007

Annual Party!

It was good that I came before they had their annual dinner... They call it their Annual Party. It was held at Melia Hotel last Friday, just 5 minutes walk from our office. It was really a interesting night... To begin with, I made myself a modern 'ao dai' (pronounced as ao zai), with hand embroidery. Well, it kinda looked like a chinese thing as well... ahha. Bryan and I decided to take a cab instead of takine the bike... :) so my hair wouldnt go so messy!! ahha.
a
What I find interesting? The locals here are much much more sporting in organising events... They hired no one to present... but instead, they hired instructors to teach them to present, dance.. They tailor made costumes... sexy costumes too!.. all covered by the firm. I was truly impressed with the hard work that they put in to make it a good night. Its not about how well they manage to sing, or dance, act or talk. Their English may not be as fluent nor their dance step may not be synchronised. But, the spirit that they had... They weren't shy, they weren't showing off... :) I respect this spirit... I wish we could have that back home too!
a
I had a great time! The after dance session was great too. They hired a famous local DJ to spin. It was good music... not bad...

Brian, me, Hong, Thuy...

Teddy, Eric, Bryan, me, Brian... all from M'sia... :)

Dennis with my gift.. the gloves... he was already tipsy...

No.1 presentation for the night! ahah! It was just hilarious and good!!!

No comments: