Friday, October 12, 2007

Last day...

Time in EY flies... it's been 3 years + since I first stepped in to venture into this so called 'stressful long hour' industry. Many times when introduced to be an auditor in one of the big fours, the first comments says it all... 'wow... long hours eh...' 'i hear it's a training nest' 'how late do u work?'... Many times i've hear colleagues and sometimes even myself commenting on how we will be gone (bang table & throw letter) once we've reach our limit of 3 years. I've had a time bomb on my computer screen counting down the days of 3 years.

Finally the 3 years came... and it didnt feel like it has been 3 years... There were times when I felt like hitting myself through the walls of the office and there were times where I wished it didn't end so fast. it just happened so quickly and there is so much more to learn. Am I ready to leave? I wish I could say that I am. As much as I hesitate to make this move, I've decided to move on to another place to experience another life. There's more to learn in this line and I may be venturing into another 'stress nest' but I guess life's all about challenges ... It's about the choices that we make...
a
What will I miss most in EY? The answer will definitely be the people. In a way or another, I've learnt to be stronger and independent, and to overcome different challenges, be it a difficult client or boss or colleague. All these will always stay within me as it has helped me build a defined character. So thank you my dear bosses, seniors, and juniors. I appreciate the 'sumbating' moments as well as the good times working together.

No comments: