Monday, October 1, 2007

The new challenge...



Why Hanoi? The same question almost everyone asks me... Other than the economy facts (developing country, more exposure, good opportunities, etc), it's a place where I can give as well as receive... a place to learn and grow. When I first heard of the opportunity in Hanoi, I had the same reaction as you. But as I prayed and did more research... my heart was convicted. I know it's not gonna be all easy trying to adapt into a foreign culture in a place whereby ppl refer to as 'ulu' (backwards). Well, it's actually not as 'ulu' as you think it is. It's quite a cool place. :) Why Vietnam? I can only say it's a conviction God has placed in my heart.

I signed and sent over the papers today. It WILL BE a challenge. Staying in a foreign country with people speaking a language still unknown to me. Well, time for me to learn a lil Vietnamese.

A month from now...


Main transportation - motorbikes without helmets & traffic. Ppl honk to notify you that they are going to overtake you, not because you're in their way.

The lakes are just beautiful...



An experience of Hanoi nightlife

No comments: