Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Survived 1 year...

Exactly one year ago, I left on a jetplane to this foreign land to start a new life. Out of God's conviction, I came, not knowing many people, not knowing the culture.

As I reflect back on what has happened for the past year, I truly thank God for the experiences that He has put me through, the good as well as the bad. I've gained a new language, a new culture, a higher level of independence, a promotion, good friends, experiences in 4 difference countries, and I can see that there is more to come. I've also been through lonely boring days, working through nights, and recently a horrible flood.
a
My mind has significantly mellowed down in this 'peaceful' city. It is noisy with all the motorbikes and honks, but as you sit down by the lake and read a book, watch the sunset, and listen to the sound of waters, your mind clears out....
a
From an advanced capital in KL to a developing capital in Hanoi... my life changed, my thoughts grown, my experiences added.
a
Goals for the coming year... a helping hand, a healthy fit body, and purpose driven life.
a
I may not be doing all the right things now but God's promise remains in my heart. Jeremiah 29:11 says 'I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey glo...finally I'm on my summer hols and have time to read your blog :)

I've also survived one year of staying on my own :)

Have a blessed and wonderful Christmas ya!

hugs, connee