Monday, August 4, 2008

Hope & Faith

You know how we always set our resolutions or theme of each year on the new year's day? I've done that in the past but this year, I just didn't bothered cos I nv truly achieved most of my resolutions made each year. And amazingly, when I chose to have no particular aims, a theme is revealed to me along the way.

The words keep popping out to my face in different ways… Hope… Faith… I even find myself purchasing a fiction storybook in borders entitled ‘Keeping Faith’…

Each one of us hope for something at any point of our lives. Be it a holiday at Paris, a huge bonus, a handsome lover, a better job, a bigger house, etc etc etc.

We hope for things that we do not have at the moment. Hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?
If I own a RD300GX digital piano, I wouldn’t rationally hope for another one.

But if we hope for what we do not have, we wait for it patiently. The longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy. We get more anxious when we’ve waited for a long timeee… and when we finally see our hopes come true, our joy exceeds…

Faith is the THING! Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. It’s the firm foundation that makes life worth living. It’s how we handle what we cannot see.

Faith… its just so much to say about it… and yet so many reasons that one can say to refuse it… So many ‘but’s and ‘if’s …

When a good thing happens, it’s easy for anyone to say it’s a coincidence / it’s my own effort / I deserve this… but because of my faith, I know it’s from God… Why do I know that? Cos I’ve hoped for it, and asked for it in faith…

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of the Reason – Benjamin Franklin

Stop reasoning. You just need to have childlike faith, God says.

I hope for many things in life. Some of which may not be what God has in mind for me. But I have faith that God has plans for us. Plans to prosper and not to harm us. Plans to give us hope and a future. To have faith in God is to trust that He is in control.

No comments: